Tuesday, October 4, 2016

my skin care routine.


 MY SKINCARE ROUTINE

I have not had much time to blog but I took the photos a week or so ago and I have gotten a few requests asking about what I do with my skin so here goes nothing. I don't think I can even begin to count how many skin care products I have tried my entire life. However, I am happy to say that I have finally found the perfect combination of a few products that have only helped my skin. First off I would like to mention that I have combination skin tone from dry to oily that vary depending on the weather and my stress levels. I believe that finding the right balance is what matters and I know it's hard but my skin went through a lot to get to where it is today. I started off with very rough skin with ache and red spots everywhere and multiple blemishes. Let us begin shall we?

1. First off I have used a bunch of fancy cleansers that promised brightening, cures for acne, make up removal and all the mumbo jumbo. It is ironic because the one I fell in love with was none other then Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser. It is a gentle cleanser with " pH-balanced, creamy gel formula made with a blend of five skin conditioners so your face is left feeling healthy and soft, never tight." It's subtle and so elegant and literally feels like I am washing my face with lychee jelly. I love the clean sensation it leaves my face with. BAM we are ready for the next step.

2. After cleansing I like to first slap on Glossier's Mega Greens Galaxy pack. This is their detoxifying face mask which helps balance and conditions pores while helping to calm inflammation (it really does). This mask contains "beauty foods like vitamin-rich leafy greens and superfruit antioxidants deliver a potent dose of nutrients for when you need to press the reset button on your complexion. Basically, it does a lot of work, so you don’t have to." You can feel it pulling your skin together when the mask begins to dry onto your skin. I like to leave this mask on for 15-20 minutes then gently massage and wash off with warm water.

3. After washing off the detox mask I like to add on Glossier's Moisturizing Moon Mask. Since the green galaxy mask leaves your skin kind of matte and dry, this moisturizing mask pairs with the detox mask perfectly. Its purpose is to brighten, moisturize, and restore elasticity. This mask contains: sweet almond oil, hyaluronic acid, plant-based squalane, and aloe. Perfect for all skin types in my opinion. Leave on for 15-30 min (but sometimes I leave it on for hours because it feels so amazing heheh.)


4. Misting time! I like The Face Shop's Collagen water which concentrates on firming and moisture. Our body naturally creates its own collagen but however as we age its production decreases. Therefore I love spraying a bit of this moisture-rich mist that is formulated with collagen water and makes your skin more firm while providing moisture.


5. I have never really used serums before but I decided to give it a shot because of Glossier's newest launch of their Super Serums. I decided to get my hands on their Super Glow serum just because I have always wanted to achieve that natural glow without makeup. Their key ingredients are Vitamin C (AAP) which helps reduce dark spots and creates smoother, light-reflective skin and Magnesium (PCA) which stimulates the metabolism of tired skin cells. It leaves your skin with a nice glow tone. So far I am loving it!


6. Eye cream! I did not realize how important eye creams were until the end of college. All of those late night study sessions or even all nighters. I never realized how dark my dark circles were and started last year, using eye creams. I have experimented with many and so far my favorite is Dr. Ci Labo's Moisture Collagen eye cream. This is some powerful stuff and I recommend not applying too much of this cream around your eyes. Little dots around the affected dark areas then gently dab them until fully dissolved into the skin. I did a lot of research on collagen rich products and it seems to be the best ingredient for evening skin time and bringing some elasticity and youth back into your skin.


7 + 8. Finishing off my skin routine with Glossier's Priming moisturizer and Coconut balm dot com. The reason I use their priming moisturizer and not some promising moisturizer that promises all these skin changes is because of its simple formula. I do not believe you need too much to restore your skin back to health and should keep things simple. It primes perfectly in my opinion and works great as a base for makeup. And lastly, the Coconut Balm dotcom is by far my most favorite lip balm ever. I use coconut oil for everything hair related and only recently realized that it does wonders for your skin and lips too. This balm can be used anywhere that needs a little loving, not just your lips. I feel that it really helps restore your lip's moisture as well as gives it a little plump too.


I really hope my skincare routine has helped those who have asked me and anyone that stumbles across my blog. I know what it is like to try dozens of products that promise so much and gets you nowhere. It took me a while but I have been sticking with this routine for the past year now and am pleased with the way my skin feels and looks. If you want to give Glossier a try I have a 10% off  link automatically applied when you click here. However, I will continue to review and talk about more beauty products in the near future so stay tuned. 

I'll work on a makeup routine in the near future. Thank you for reading! xx
Share:
© hello, emy | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig